Morning Consult welcomes op-ed submissions on policy, politics and business strategy in our coverage areas. Below are guidelines for submissions:
- Op-eds must be exclusive to Morning Consult. We do not accept material that has been published on blogs, social media or anywhere else.
- Submissions must be between 500 and 1,000 words and should include a suggested headline.
- Submissions should not include footnotes. We do not accept images in submissions, but may choose to add links or images when appropriate.
- Authors should include a one-sentence bio, without any links, noting their position and employer, in addition to disclosing any financial ties to entities or topics mentioned in their op-ed in detail.
- Be prepared to provide credible and complete documentation of the factual or logical basis of every statement contained in a submission.
- Accepted submissions will be copy edited to conform with Morning Consult style guidelines including, accuracy, clarity, and length. Morning Consult style guidelines are similar to those used by The Associated Press.
- Authors seeking publication on the next business day must submit a final draft no later than 2 p.m. ET on the previous business day. Submissions do not guarantee publication.
- Op-eds are published on weekdays at 5 a.m. ET on our Opinions page.
- Due to the volume of submissions, we can’t respond to all columns sent to us. If we are interested in your op-ed, you will hear from us within three business days.
- Morning Consult may license your posted op-ed to third parties.
- People featured in columns must be identified by their real, full names.
- Authors may post their columns elsewhere after they are published by Morning Consult. By submitting a column to Morning Consult you are agreeing to its publication and authors are granting exclusive rights to the piece to the Morning Consult for initial publication and non-exclusive rights thereafter. You may republish an article we have posted online or published in the paper, but it must credit Morning Consult and indicate that it was first published by us.
For opinion pieces pertaining to finance policy or brands and marketing, please contact Sei Chong at email@example.com. Submissions pertaining to health and tech policy should be sent to Morgan Halvorsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. For pieces focused on energy policy, as well as Congress and the White House, please contact Timothy Homan at email@example.com.