Morning Consult welcomes op-ed submissions on policy, politics and business strategy in our coverage areas. Below are guidelines for submissions.
- Op-eds must be exclusive to Morning Consult, meaning no previously published material.
- Submissions must be between 500 and 1,000 words and should include a suggested headline.
- Submissions should not include footnotes.
- Authors must include a one-sentence bio noting their position and employer, in addition to disclosing any financial ties to entities or topics mentioned in their op-ed.
- Authors seeking publication on the next business day must submit a final draft no later than 2 p.m. ET on the previous business day. Submissions do not guarantee publication.
- Accepted submissions will be copy edited to conform with Morning Consult style guidelines, which are similar to those used by The Associated Press.
- Op-eds are published on weekdays at 5 a.m. ET on our Opinions page.
- Morning Consult may license your posted op-ed to third parties.
- Organizations, groups and individuals are limited to one published op-ed each month.
For opinion pieces pertaining to finance policy or brands and marketing, please contact Sei Chong at [email protected]. Submissions pertaining to health and tech policy should be sent to Morgan Halvorsen at [email protected]. For pieces focused on energy policy, as well as Congress and the White House, please contact Timothy R. Homan at [email protected].