Table of Contents
- Personal Data We Collect
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Legal Basis for Use of Your Personal Data
- Data Sharing and Access
- Your Controls and Choices
- Storage and Retention of Your Personal Data
- Social Media Tools
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Automated Decision-Making
- Children’s Privacy
- International Data Transfers
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Information
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
- All of your representations are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- The personal data you have provided to us in your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and the personal data contained in your cover letter. This can include personal data such as your name, address, contact information, work and educational history, achievements, and test results.
- Similar personal data provided to us about you by third parties.
- The personal data you voluntarily provide to us regarding your ethnicity, gender, disability, veterans status, or any other classifications under state or federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
We collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you apply for a role with us.
- From third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Morning Consult employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
- From publicly accessible sources, such as online, to the extent that you have made this information publicly available. For example, we may find your profile on professional social media websites (such as LinkedIn) and contact you about suitable roles.
We collect and use your personal data for:
- Identifying and evaluating your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- Recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- Conducting criminal history checks and reference checks, as permitted by applicable law;
- Protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law;
- Emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered; or
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process.
We may also analyze your personal data or aggregated/pseudonymized data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates.
Our processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based:
- In part, on our legitimate interest in evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you and to ensure that we recruit the appropriate employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally;
- In part, on our need to perform contractual and precontractual measures in respect to our relationship with you; and
- In part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations.
Your personal data will be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the United States, where Morning Consult is based. Individuals performing administrative functions and IT personnel within Morning Consult may also have limited access to your personal data to perform their jobs.
We use software applications provided by third party service providers to support our recruiting management activities. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
We do not sell data that directly identifies you.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices in relation to our collection, use, and sharing of your personal data. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- Right of access – the right to be informed of, and request access to, the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to object – the right to object to us processing your personal data;
- Right to data portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In addition, and where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you lodge a formal complaint so please contact us in the first instance.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Depending upon the circumstances and the request, we may not be permitted to provide access to personal data or otherwise fully comply with your request; for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or to deny your requests where, in our discretion, they may be unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unacceptable under or inconsistent with applicable law.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period may become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with applicable legal requirements. If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time to comply with applicable laws and regulations, for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. Thereafter, we retain a minimal amount of your personal data to record your recruiting activity with us to enable us to understand whether you have previously applied for a role(s) at Morning Consult.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technical and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel of Morning Consult and of our third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and third party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that personal data we collect will never be accessed or used in an unauthorized way.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Application for employment with Morning Consult is not open to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of thirteen. If you are under thirteen, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal data about yourself to us. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us in the manner described below. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age thirteen, we will delete that personal data promptly.
Our computer systems are currently based in the United States. This means personal data we collect will be processed by us in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may be subject to different requirements. If you apply for a position with Morning Consult from outside the United States, you consent to the collection and/or processing of the personal data we collect from you in the United States.
Attn: Privacy Counsel
729 15th Street NW,
Washington, DC 20005
Last Updated: November 12, 2020